2023-01-18

@lindas7700 - I care more about my prosperity than your histrionics

Whenever you don't get a bug up your panties about the environment, Linda calls you selfish and heartless. It's just a thing.

It's unclear above, however, what she wants me to be "doing". The Arctic, CTV breathlessly claimed, was warming at "double the rate" of everywhere else. Ignorant enviro-weenies always fall for this. And yes I mean literally always because at this point every part of the planet has apparently started warming at double the rate of every other part and we need to invent a new mathematics to describe it and/or travel faster than light


The global warming calculus, meanwhile, hasn't changed a bit since a friend of mine coined this response in the mid-90s:

  1. The planet isn't actually warming up
  2. Even if (1) were false, we aren't the cause of it
  3. Even if (2) were false, it's not worth the cost to stop it

She can live a pathetic zero carbon lifestyle if she likes (for those keeping score, we used to call it "poverty") but I am willing to fight to the death to continue living my life with my energy profile.

"Selfish" is just another word for "I'm looking out for me". I have to be looking out for me, people like Linda are trying to ruin my life. Careless is hardly the word. I don't care about her stupid bullshit, but that's because I'm an intelligent and otherwise advanced human specimen.

She's too stupid to tell me how I'm supposed to live.