Today marked "World AIDS Day", the day the United Nations has set aside for raising money and awareness about the disease.
I marked 2014 World AIDS Day the same way I marked 2013 World AIDS Day, 2004 World AIDS Day, 1988 World AIDS Day, and indeed all days in between World AIDS days: not doing the stupid and/or desperate things that would cause me to get AIDS.
The list isn't particularly complicated:
- Don't be so desperate to get your dick in something that you pick another man's ass
- Don't be so stupid as to let another man's dick go up yours
- Don't sleep with a chick who is cool on "bisexual" men (ie. fucks fags)
- Don't be so desperate for drugs that you're willing to jab them into you using whatever needles happen to be at hand
- getting a blood transfusion
- Being born to a mother with AIDS
- Being in sub-Saharan Africa where huge swathes of the population are only a couple Degrees of Kevin Bacon away from a guy who thought chimpanzees make a good appetizer.
I won't have AIDS next AIDS day. Michael Phair having it would probably pay 3-to-16 in Vegas.