Another spring, another batch of overdoses of e in the City of
Friends and a teacher of a 19-year-old girl suspected of taking ecstasy at a rave the night before she died want her death to serve as a reminder of the dangers of drugs.
Anna Maria Blikowski, a University of Alberta student, went to the Wonderland rave at the Edmonton Event Centre on Friday and died the following day.
“I just wish her death isn’t in vain and people do learn from this,” said Tatiana Poseluzny, a friend of Anna’s.
She is planning a night of remembrance in the next few weeks at Anna’s former workplace, Vinyl Retro Dance Lounge on Jasper Avenue.
The evening will serve as a memorial and night of awareness to highlight the risks of taking drugs, said Poseluzny, 18.
“It’s truly a tragedy to have lost her so young. She had the world at her feet and it’s truly devastating to see that happen to someone like that.”
After an autopsy an official cause of death could not be determined, said Dennis Caufield, senior medical investigator.
Toxicology results are expected in up to five months, Caufield said.
Wait, where is that night of remembrance going to be held? Seriously? Seriously? Do you people learn nothing?
She is planning a night of remembrance in the next few weeks at Anna’s former workplace, Vinyl Retro Dance Lounge on Jasper Avenue.At which event somebody else will die of an ecstasy overdose as well.